Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Gluten and Dairy Free!)
Author: Alicia Carlson
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 carrot
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (16oz) can coconut milk
- 3 cups mixed frozen vegetables (I used a corn, green bean, carrot, peas mix)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dairy-free butter
- 3 Tbsp Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill.)
- all-purpose, no salt seasoning mix
- Cut chicken breasts into small, bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Cook chicken thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of butter in a 5 or 6 qt pot. Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the celery and onion. Season with all-purpose seasoning. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in flour. Pour in chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and frozen mixed vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning mix.
- Cook on medium for about 30-40 minutes.
Recipe by Alicia Carlson Photography at http://www.aliciacarlsonphotography.com/2015/02/10/chicken-pot-pie-soup-gluten-dairy-free/